Maxecuters meet on the First Tuesday of the Month at 8 pm.
Our meetings are pretty informal but we use the "regular business" portion to plan flying activities, organize contest events and discuss flying sites. After that, its time to talk about the good stuff. Most members bring along a few of their latest projects so we can swap tips on designing, building, and flying these models.
Bruce Clark has kindly arranged for us to meet at the Classroom in the Village Square Clubhouse at Riderwood. We have a confirmed continuing reservation for the first Tuesday of each month, at 8:00 pm. There's no problem with early arrival. Weather (and daylight) permitting, there's even a chance for some parkflyer style R/C operations on the lawn. The classroom has a computer and projection system for our use, as well as Internet connectivity.
Where is Riderwood you ask?
The red "A" pin on the map to the right marks the 4-way STOP mentioned below.
The yellow "B" Pin marks the entrance to the VILLAGE SQUARE building.
From I-95 South or North:
- - Take Exit 29B to Rt. 212 West (Powder Mill Road).
* * Stay in the right lane and turn right at the first light onto Beltsville Drive.
- - Turn left at the second light onto Calverton Boulevard.
- - Go through the Calverton housing development and turn left onto Gracefield Road.
From BW Parkway South or North:
- - Take Rt. 212 (Powder Mill Road) west.
- - Cross Rt. 1, cross I-95, follow directions from ** above.
From Rt. 29 South or North, or Randolph Road:
- - Take Cherry Hill Road (AKA East Randolph Road) east to Calverton Boulevard and turn left.
- - Turn right onto Gracefield Road.
To Enter Riderwood:
- - On Gracefield Road, go to the 4-way STOP sign and turn left into the main entrance of Riderwood Village.
- - Stop at the guard house and tell the guard you are coming to the Maxecuters Club Meeting at the VILLAGE SQUARE (the building is on the hill to your right)
- -Take the first right turn after you pass through the gate.
- -Park in Visitor Parking if you can, or anywhere else that does not have a green and white reserved sign on the curb.
- - Come in the main lobby entrance and sign in at the desk. Ask the desk clerk for directions to the Classroom upstairs.
3148 Gracefield Road, Apt CL-220
Silver Spring, Maryland 20904
(But don't confuse the guard by mentioning Bruce unless asked.) The phone number for Village Square is 301-572-8399 X2066.
Click here for a PDF copy of the directions.